Sewing

Thursday 12 May 2016

Around Here Lately

The blog has been a bit quiet lately due to me having about 2547 things to do!! I've literally started this blog post about 10 times! Anyway, here's an update of what's been happening of late....

The other weekend I held an afternoon tea for a few friends just because I felt like getting a little posh for the afternoon! We had a really lovely time. The weather was perfect! 



The following day was Mothers Day & it was a very quiet affair for us. I was very spoilt by my boys. It was so lovely to get a card that William had actually written in himself. So cute! Not sure about the gingerbread house cookie jar but it will certainly give us something to laugh about over the years!



There's been lots of things happening in the shop of late. I have been flat out at my sewing machine putting together an exciting project which I can't wait to reveal next month! 
I've also been doing lots of sewing for myself & the kids. It's so cool being able to make my own clothes & the kids are always happy when I bring them home a new outfit. Definately a great feeling of satisfaction!

I just love this fox fabric. Actually, pretty much any fox fabric! Was perfect for for this t-shirt I made William


I've got a new-found love of the maxi skirt after finding some great tutorials on Pinterest! Here's a couple I whipped up for myself



So good! Perfect for summer or winter and hide ALL the bumps! You'll be seeing me in these A LOT!! 

It's slowly getting cooler in our neck of the woods. Won't be long til the fires will be burning & the flannelette sheets come out. We spent last weekend having a big clean up outside getting winter-ready. 



Made yourself some clothes recently? 
Who's looking forward to Winter?

Til next time,

Mel xx 















No comments:

Post a Comment